Binchotan is expensive, I admit. Truth is, often you won't be able to finish the precious Binchotan completely and there are some left and it is perfect to store them for the next time around rather than left them burning.
The best way to do this is by using a ceramic Extinguishing Pot to quickly cut off the oxygen from the charcoal. The Binchotan will cool down in about half an hour and it is a great way to store them as well. I find this type of exthinguishing pot very economical.
- Handmade clay pot designed for charcoal extinguishin
- Starves Binchotan charcoal of oxygen to take it back to its original state so it can be used again and again
- Do not fill the pot more than half way
- Weight: approx 2kg
- Dimensions: 22-24cm D x 25cm H
- Place on a wooden board before use
- Place Binchotan in the middle of the pot and place the lid on top
- Leave to cool overnight